Pages

Translate

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

A Word Regarding My Old School Blog List

As some of you know I keep adding to my blog list of blogs which are old school or at least have some old school relevant materials or in a few cases I just find them interesting. (That list on the right hand side of my blog is as of today at 377.)(EDIT: 401 Blogs 01/08/15) (EDIT: 445 Blogs 01/15/15) (EDIT: 473 Blogs 01/22/15) (EDIT: 477 Blogs 02/10/15)

What I am intending to do is to share, every now and then, a few of those blogs in a post over on google+ to call attention to blogs that I especially like for one reason or the other. I am not going to present them in any specific order; I intend to keep that as random as possible, so as not to imply that I am saying this blog is better than that blog. I am just going to be sharing blogs I like and no ranking implied.

What I hope is that you will check out some blogs that you may never have run across before and find something unexpected to enjoy and something that perhaps will contribute to your game. So I will be highlighting both well known and lesser known blogs.

What I will not be doing is highlighting a blog that has NSFW images  on it. That is not because the blog itself is not worth reading, but so that you don't have to worry about following the link regardless of where you are.

I think there may be a few in my blog list that will not pass that test. I may at some future time make a post here directly instead of on google+ of  blogs that are NSFW and yet have good old school materials. Some blogs are filled with profanity for no apparent reason other than someone thinks it is cool to post that way. YMMV but for me that is just a distraction and it detracts from their gaming ideas which might be quite cool. Instead of profanity, I would rather someone would be creative and says things, such as "lower than the slime on the belly of a gelatinous cube," that would have some entertainment value to the reader rather than merely being offensive.


No comments:

Post a Comment