Pages

Translate

Friday, January 9, 2015

OD&D and Taking a Look at Other Peoples Blogs - 001

I was starting to highlight some of the other blogs as a direct post on google+, but I have decided to do them as blog posts since that will make it much easier to keep track of the ones that I have already done. As I have previously noted, these are being highlighted in a random order, to indicate that I like them but not providing any ranking. One is that I don't want to rank them qualitatively (since I am not qualified to do that beyond just personal preferences) and two because they are all valuable resources IMO.

Just for the record the ones I have already highlighted are (in no particular order):

Beer, Pretzels, and 20-Sided Dice  
This old school blog just started up recently, but well worth going on your must follow list.

The 3 Toadstools 
Here is an old school blog that has been around for a couple of years that I only recently discovered. I am gradually reading the old  posts a few at a time. A really good read.

Tenkar's Tavern 
There are a lot of good old school blogs and Tenkar's Tavern is one I really enjoy. Since the 1st of Jan,  he is on a particularly good roll! His post on morale and loyalty in regard to Charisma is thought provoking.


Hedge GM 
This blog is new and concerns a conversion from ?? to 5E and is (roleplaying in the world of The Elder Scrolls series) a very interesting read. He has one post concerning lingering injuries and wounds, massive damage; variant optional rule D&D 5th Edition and it reminds me of ground that was covered by The Arduin Grimoire (written 1976, published 1977). 

Going forward from here I will be highlighting more blogs on an ongoing basis. There is an incredible variety and array of viewpoints and whether I agree with an author or not, most (perhaps all) of them make me think and in some way (large or small) help me improve my game.

2 comments: