Pages

Translate

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Money (Treasure), the OD&D Economy & Equipment 001

I usually stick with a Gold Economy as it is in the rules, but I would like to switch to a Silver Economy and make Gold and the other more valuable items even more valuable, very rare and special.

This is not to imply that there are Adamantine or Adamantite or Osmium or Iridium or Mithril coins, this is just to show the relative value and rarity. My most recent thought is to do it as follows:

1 Adamantine/Adamantite/Osmium/Iridium Piece is equal to 1000 Mithril Pieces
1 Mithril Piece is equal to 1000 Platinum/.Palladium Pieces
1 Platinum/Palladium Piece is equal to 1000 Gold Pieces
1 Gold Piece is equal to 1000 Silver Pieces
1 Silver Piece is equal to 100 Copper/Bronze/Brass Pieces

So right now I am pretty much just thinking out loud and  while comments are welcome here, you are also invited to go to the forum links in the My Return post below and post there also.  I will also be adding coin names, likely using historical British coin names.

I have much to say on this subject and given time to do so, I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment