Pages

Translate

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Arduin Week - 2020 - Day Six

To begin Day Six of Arduin Week 2020 let us begin with another item from our anonymous guest artist and his tribute to Dave Hargrave and Arduin.


Skirmish!





Shadow Lands (Arduin Grimoire Vol. VII), 1987
Table of Contents
Dedication pg 3
The Arduin Three Campaign pg 4
Arduin Customs pg 5
The Underworld of Arduin pg 8
Shadowlands pg 10
More Legendary Gems and Jewels of Arduin pg 12
More Old Legends of Arduin pg 15
The Cult of the Crimson Kiss pg 20
Psi-Rogues pg 26
New Magik pg 30
New Illusory Magik pg 31
New Druidical Magik pg 32
New Runesinger Magik pg 33
New Arduinian Priestly Magik pg 34
New Runeweaver Magik pg 35
Notes on Magikal Competence pg 37
Demonic Magik pg 38
The Soothsayer (New Character Class) pg 41
Pahdha-Hha (New Character Race) pg 46
New Critters pg 49
Arduinian Felines pg 54
Courtesan Encounters pg 57
Arduin's Famous Courtesan Houses pg 59
Optional Chart for Day to Day Thiefly "Earnings" pg 61
Optional Special Abilities Chart for Orcs, Deodanths
......and other "Nasty" Player Characters pg 63
Arduinian Clan/Tribal Names pg 65
Alchemical Stuff pg 66
Available Alchemy Price List pg 69
More Orc Alchemy pg 72
Herbal Concoctions pg 76
New Treasure, Artifacts, and Other Arcane Items pg 80
Odd Weapons of Arduin pg 84
Odd Technological Weapons and Other Doo-Dads of Arduin pg 86
Notes on Mythic (and other) Metals pg 89
End Comments pg 90
End Comments

This book begins the last of the three trilogies concerning Arduin. The next two books are, tentatively (!) titled "The Winds of Chance" and, perhaps, "End War". A lot remains to be done on these works but, never fear, I am certainly up to it. My health has improved somewhat since my heart failure last February and I am now able to, once again, devote my full time to writing. Knowing that the doctors have "set a time limit/deadline" on how long my heart will still be able to function has given me a new and wondrous insight into life, love and the world(s) in general.
Now I eagerly await the completion of my last two Arduinian works (hopefully in the next twelve months) and know they (as are they all) will be fitting guide posts to leave behind for all of you who follow in my footsteps into the golden dream that has been, and ever shall be, ARDUIN.

Please feel free to send my any suggestions you might have s to what you'd like to see in the last two tomes. Believe me, I am always happy to rad what you have to say. Who knows, you just might find yourself "immortalized" in their pages. So, do it, don't be shy.

Finally, I'd like to give my love to Brigitt one more time. She has made a bad year good again. Mahal na mahal kita my asawang.

David Hargrave
July 1987

1 comment:

  1. Hwæt!? I don’t remember reading those end comments, especially the bit about an earlier heart failure. I need to check my copy now. Thanks for posting this, Halenar.

    ReplyDelete