Pages

Translate

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Ye Olde School List of Retro Games & Clones, Retro Clones, and What Have You! - 003

Just jumping on here to give you links to two new retro clones out there. Since I don't want to appear to favor one over the other. I am making a d6 roll (1-3 vs 4-6) to see whose game I list first. They are both focused on OD&D - two different takes on it. The roll is in and here are the games:

Treasure Hunters RPG
This game is by Scott Anderson and he has been developing it in a couple of threads over on Dragonsfoot and it is, as noted above focused on OD&D as the source. It is as he says not yet complete, so take a look and then go give him some feedback.

Iron Falcon Rules for Classic Fantasy Role-Playing
This game is by Chris Gonnerman who is best known for writing Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game. Here he shows us his version of OD&D as it was in 1975 after the thief class was introduced. You may also want to get a copy of The Role-Playing Game Primer and Old School Playbook. I am not sure if this last is a download or hard copy, but if I get a link to it and I will come back and update this post with it.

While I have not read these in detail yet, I am certain they are both worth a good look. Great job guys. Keep creating!

3 comments:

  1. Just a note... Iron Falcon is still in an early stage of development, but I'm releasing free PDF snapshots almost daily right now. It will be a print product side-by-side with the RPG Primer when it's done. Oh, and thanks for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome! That is one reason I put it up so people could see it develop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic, Chris! I look forward to reading the final product.

    ReplyDelete