Pages

Translate

Thursday, December 11, 2014

How do you Award XP in Your Campaign?

How and for what do you award XP in your Campaign? If you like, post a comment and tell us what you do.

 It occurred to me recently that my players don't know how I award experience over the last five years. Since none of them have ever asked, I have never brought it up.

Mine is pretty simple, the campaign is a sandbox, running OD&D as the rule set.

This is rewrite based on other changes I am making and is in semi-final form. Since I am converting to a Silver economy I give XP for treasure 1 SP = 1 XP, XP for killing monsters, defeating foes, escaping from deadly encounters, or avoiding monsters that are equal or higher in Hit Dice, XP for good role playing, unselfish play, great ideas, solving mysteries and/or puzzles and really thinking outside the box, XP for creative and innovative use magic items. If they can think of a way to use an item that comes out of left field and surprises me, I reward them for that. I give XP for completing a quest or goal,  XP for risking your life to save someone else. Bonus XP awards range from 50-100 points (very common) up to 1000 points (rare).

I am thinking about giving XP out for anyone willing to keep a game journal or draw illustrations of things that happen in game.

No comments:

Post a Comment