Pages

Translate

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

International Original Dungeons & Dragons Month - 45th Anniversary

This year 2019 marks 45 years since the Original Dungeons and Dragons was published in January of 1974. A number of us will be posting a few times this month to celebrate 45 years of the world's first published open-ended fantasy adventure game. Anyone who wants to join in and post for this event, please feel free to do so. If you do please note that the post is for the International Original Dungeons & Dragons Month - 45th Anniversary.

1974 was the year I graduated high school and the year that I started college. It was not until the following year (fall 1975) that I was introduced to Dungeons & Dragons. It was unlike any other game I had ever played and all other games IMO paled to insignificance by comparison.

Created by Dave Arneson and co-written with Gary Gygax, this is a game that need never end except by mutual agreement and in theory at least a campaign could run forever. There are campaigns which have gone on for over 40 years, so far for me my longest one was 9 years.

I plan to post several times this month and talk about different aspects of the Original Dungeons & Dragons, but for this early morning in the new year, I wish simply to introduce the topic and let you know what is coming down the way.

I hope that you will join me and many others in celebrating the 45th Anniversary of the Original Dungeons & Dragons.

No comments:

Post a Comment