Pages

Translate

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Malignant Melanoma Part II

The doctor thought the surgery went well and about 14 hours later most of the nerve block had worn off. They are sending all of the removed tissue to be tested to make sure they had an adequate margin all the way around the cancer. They cut around it and then below it they went all the way down to muscle. I go back on the 22nd for follow up and to get the results of the tissue study.

The nerve block was an incredible feeling, my entire right arm was completely numb and hung completely limp on Monday. Even though I had my arm in a sling, I had no idea that my arm was that heavy or what it would be like to have a limb paralyzed. About 11pm Monday night I was able to wiggle a finger and thumb a little and then it gradually wore off from there by 2:30 AM.

Wednesday morning I was able to go back to work..

4 comments:

  1. My sympathies. Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, you support is very welcome! Family, and friends (online and off) are a huge help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend, I certainly hope for and will be praying for a full and quick recovery for you and peace of heart for all of your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim, those prayers are very much appreciated. Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete